Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
- 2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 lemons
- 1/3 cup parsley, freshly chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup capers, make sure they are soaked in vinegar or salty water, not wine as this is common practice
- 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour or plain white flour if not available
- Salted Water
- 3/4 lbs or 12 oz linguine pasta
- 1 tbsp of minced garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the box says
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large pan and melt 2 tbsp of butter. Cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned and set aside. In the same pan, add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes each. Set aside
- In the same pan, melt the remaining butter and add the flour to create a roux(a base for the sauce)
- Add the garlic and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add the parsley, capers, and salt and pepper, and return to simmer.
- Add the lemons, and stir in the heavy cream. Return the chicken, mushrooms, and tomatoes to the pan and cook until sauce thickens.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan and cook to coat for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!