The Crunch Wrap is a classic dish enjoyed around the country. This week, we'll be sharing the delicious recipe for this childhood classic
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
For this recipe, you'll need these ingredients:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef or Veal
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 Large Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 c. Nacho Cheese Sauce(Also Known as Salsa Con Queso)
- 4 Tostada Shells
- 1 c. Sour cream
- 2 c. Shredded Lettuce
- 1 c. Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 c. Shredded Cheddar
- 1 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- In a large skillet at medium heat, cook the beef, seasoning with all of the spices. Break up the meet as you cook, for about 6 minutes until the meat is no longer pink
- Stack 4 of the tortillas on top of each other, and using the tostada, trace the tostada around the tortilla, making a a smaller circle.
- Place some ground beef in the center of the large, uncut tortillas. Drizzle nacho cheese over the ground beef and place the tostada over it.
- Spread the sour cream over the tostada and then top with the lettuce, tomato, and cheeses. Place the smaller flour tortilla cutout on top and tightly fold the edges of the large tortilla over top.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and flip the crunchwrap onto it. Cook on each side, until the edges are are crispy and tightly bound together. Cut in half and Enjoy!