This recipe will make a delicious and spicy Hakka-Style Chili Chicken. With peppers and chilies, it'll be a dinnertime favourite.
Scroll down below for the full recipe, and don't forget to place your order so that you can make this recipe too!
Prep Time: 20 Mins
Cook Time: 25 Mins
For this recipe, you'll need these ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast or thigh
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 slices ginger
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup flour (100 g)
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- rice, to serve
For the sauce, you'll need:
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ cup water (100 mL)
- Season the chicken with the salt, pepper, and chili powder. Then, in a food processor, mix together the onion, 3 slices of ginger, and 3 cloves of garlic. Mix the chicken with the processed mixture.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips then coat in the egg wash and flour.
- Shallow fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Add the peppers and fry for another couple of minutes. Remove the chicken and peppers and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic, red chili, soy sauce, tomato purée, and water. Stir and simmer the mixture reduces and is thick and syrupy.
- Add back in the chicken and peppers and stir well in the sauce.
- Serve with rice and Enjoy!
← Older Post
Newer Post →